- Scotland’s own – one of the world’s top BMX riders – Kriss Kyle and Swansea’s James Jones join Danny MacAskill and Duncan Shaw for Edinburgh Fringe at Underbelly’s Circus Hub
- Danny MacAskill’s Drop and Roll Show Live brings the best-known street trials show in the world to the stage for the very first time
- In an Edinburgh Fringe exclusive four of the world’s best riders fuse the freshest street trials skills with jaw dropping BMX tricks, turning the Big Top into their own unique playground!
- Drop and Roll Show Live runs 3rd – 24th August at Underbelly’s Circus Hub
- Tickets available now via www.underbellyedinburgh.co.uk
Two of the biggest names in BMX, Kriss Kyle and James Jones have today been confirmed for the line-up Drop & Roll Live at Underbelly’s Circus Hub this Fringe, joining YouTube sensation and international star rider Danny MacAskill and fellow Scotsman and professional street trials rider, Duncan Shaw.
Kriss Kyle, known largely as one of the most exciting BMX riders in the world alongside Team GB’s Freestyle BMX Team member and Olympic hopeful for Tokyo 2020, James Jones join Danny MacAskill and Duncan Shaw to bring an entirely new element to the show, fusing street trials and BMX in an Edinburgh Fringe exclusive.
Danny MacAskill’s Drop & Roll Live is a main highlight of this year’s Underbelly Circus Hub programme and is set to astound Big Top audiences like never before. After five years touring the world, Drop & Roll Live makes its Edinburgh Fringe Debut with a brand-new show led by world-famous trials rider Danny MacAskill. MacAskill is joined by highly acclaimed trials rider and fellow Scotsman Duncan Shaw, alongside innovative BMX riders Kriss Kyle and James Jones who will each perform selected dates across the run. Hosted by extreme sports commentator Henry Jackson, the hour-long show includes plenty of crowd of participation plus prizes to be won throughout.
Fringe audiences will experience an entirely revamped and redevised show which takes the very best elements of the established outdoor performance and moves the action into The Big Top Tent, and packs in a powerful soundtrack matched with an incredible lighting production elevate the show to a blistering new level! MacAskill, Shaw and the team won’t be confined to the stage, as every part of the venue, from stairways to walkways become base points for mind-blowing tricks, huge stunts and BIG surprises. Expect an action-packed display of gravity-defying tricks, guaranteed to amaze children and adults alike! The guys will also be available for post-show signings and exclusive Drop & Roll merchandise will be available onsite.
Danny MacAskill and Duncan Shaw perform throughout the Fringe run. Kriss Kyle will perform 3rd, 4th and from the 13th – 24th August. James Jones joins the show from 5th – 12th August.